Commitment to Sustainability
From our partner, Marvin Windows:
At Marvin, as a privately held, family owned company, we’re used to taking the long-term view, and we recognize that a serious commitment to sustainable operations is just good business. We are committed to sustainable business practices for the environment and communities in which we serve.
Sustainability is much more than “green” business practices. It includes implementing environmentally friendly manufacturing processes and building sustainable communities in the USA where Marvin products are manufactured.
Always striving for improvement, Marvin Windows and Doors has introduced initiatives that rethink our value chain, improve resource productivity while lowering environmental costs and implement green practices that make producing beautiful windows more environmentally friendly, including:
- Recycling scrap wood materials to produce heat and power for our operations, cutting our manufacturing plants’ demands for energy.
- Systems implemented in plants to reduce lighting and conserve water.
- Shipping and trucks managed for minimal environmental impact.
Building windows and doors the right way – one at a time, made to order – means building windows and doors to last. Our products are designed for durability, so when you put our windows and doors in your home, you know they’re there for the long haul. All Marvin windows and doors are designed for exceptional energy efficiency, performance and thermal efficiency, and built with sustainability in mind.
- Marvin products feature recycled content in glass, aluminum and other components.
- Our extruded aluminum components typically contain 30-35% post-consumer recycled aluminum and 40% pre-consumer scrap.
- Our engineered glass contains 20% pre-consumer recycled content.
- Marvin products are engineered to create minimal wood scrap.
- The major components of Marvin products are reusable or recyclable.
- Marvin offers FSC certified products and SFI certified products.
OUR CONTROLLED WOOD SOURCE POLICY
Marvin Windows and Doors sources wood material from responsibly managed forests. It is our policy to avoid the use of wood material from trees that have been illegally harvested, harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights, harvested in forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities, harvested in forests being converted to plantations or non-forest use or from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted. Marvin has implemented and maintains Chain of Custody programs under SFI® and FSC®.
STATEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
The environmental goals of the Marvin family of companies are to meet or exceed applicable environmental laws and regulations and to protect our environment. This commitment is fulfilled by incorporating environmental priorities into the design of products, services, and facilities and by minimizing the environmental impact during production of products and manufacturing operations. It is our priority to continually improve in pollution prevention, waste management, and recycling and to educate employees, communities, and customers on responsible environmental practices.