With winter here, ensuring that you have reliable and energy efficient windows is a must. But what if you can’t tell if your windows are in good condition? Testing your windows to see whether or not they need to be replaced is as simple as checking off this checklist from Gravina's Window Center of Littleton!
- Current windows are only single pane. Double pane windows are the standard now when it comes to quality window design. Your single pane windows are a sign of outdated construction and style.
- Trouble opening and shutting your current windows. Replacement windows will open and shut easily without sticking; if your current windows are unable to do this, then warping, damage, or age may be the culprit.
- Frequent drafts and leaks. If the sealant used to keep out air and water is no longer doing its job, then replacement windows can help to prevent the kinds of problems this leads to, including mold development and water damage.
- Street noises indoors. Double pane replacement windows will not only seal out air and water, but also excessive noise. Noises such as passing cars and people should be kept muffled; if you can hear them loud and clear, it is time to say goodbye to your current, outdated windows.
- Just plain ugly. Maybe your windows have just had their time. If you have the ugliest windows in the neighborhood, it might just be that time to say goodbye to them.
By not upgrading your windows, you not only run the risk of exposing your home to damage in the upcoming season, but you also may find yourself spending more money in the long run. Replacement windows help you save on energy costs and stop you from paying for expensive repairs necessitated by “bad” windows. Get in touch with Gravina's Window Center of Littleton today for more information.